Sunday, September 1, 2013

Just a little pregnant

This morning was THE morning. After breakfast at Panera (yummy!), we drove across the street to the Clinic. The doctor came in to the conference room where B & R and Shawn and I were hanging out. He showed us pics of the two embryos that were chosen for the transfer and had the typical consent forms for us all to sign. Then, we were off!

I was shown to a room to get ready for the transfer. Once I was presentable, the nurse came back with everyone and we were joined by the doctor. He started doing his thing (ladies, you know what I'm talking about! Kind of felt like getting a pelvic from a Resident, if you know what I mean) and a few minutes later we watched on a screen as the embryologist sucked the embryos into a tube. A few seconds later and he was in the room giving them to the doctor for insertion. We could kind of watch on the ultrasound monitor what was happening. The doctor removed the catheter and gave it back to the embryologist to check. 

The little buggers were in the catheter! The doctor said that sometimes happens when he pulls the cath out. Oh, well. Lets do this again.

Wouldn't you know it but they went back in the cath yet again! Sheesh! Apparently, they were "really sticky embryos," which is good, but we want them to stick inside me! 

The third time, the little buggers stuck where they are supposed to stay! As of 11:00a.m. eastern/10:00a.m. central I am pregnant.

I started cramping about 10 minutes ago, which is a bit over an hour since the transfer, but its nothing I'm going to complain about. Just enough to know that something's going on inside. :-)

I've been watching B & R and B hasn't stopped smiling yet. R is pretty excited, too. R commented on the way back to the hotel "I've got to drive even more carefully now as we've got special cargo on board." I'm so glad they are so excited.

Seriously, how cool is it that I get to have a part of making B & R's dream of having a family a reality? Not many people get to be involved in things like this. I'm so excited to be a part of this miracle!


No comments:

Post a Comment