Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Pregnant Stomach

Last night Shawn and I were able to get away for a couple of hours without the kiddos and enjoy a nice meal together. (Many thanks to my cousin who watched the girls for us!)

The humor happened when we arrived at the restaurant. We had a Groupon for a new-to-us Brazillian Steakhouse that we decided to check out. It is your typical "guys wearing nickers carrying spears of meat" kind of restaurant. 

The first bit of humor happened when Shawn asked if we could substitute the bottle of wine that came with our meal for something else as I am pregnant. The server said no, but he could bring me something else and we could take the bottle home. Okay. Send the pregnant lady home with a bottle of wine. Whatever works for them.

Next was me trying various foods. I am in LOVE with red meat right now. Yum! Apparently, seasoned chicken tastes good, but my poor stomach won't let me enjoy it. The same goes for bacon wrapped turkey, cheese puffs, ham, and quite a few other things I attempted to eat last night. I felt bad that I kept rejecting foods, but I was able to find the humor in the situation. I love foods, so the fact that I would instantly reject foods after what can only be considered a small tastes is kind of funny to me. 

Gotta love pregnancy tastes and aversions! Its all for a good reason, right?

Little miracle, you sure have funny taste in foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment