Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Good Things

Ah, things are looking up! There are several reasons for my happiness:

At my appointment yesterday I asked the doctor if I could have some Zofran. She immediately agreed! Morning/all day sickness and nausea miraculously disappeared! I've been great all day with the nausea completely gone!

I've been pretty careful about what I eat, staying away from foods that are gooey or exceptionally thick or just turn my stomach (yogurt, most chicken, fish, mushrooms). I've been majorly craving red meat and breads. When I looked up the red meat thing, I read that when carrying twins I need more protein than if I was carrying a single baby. Makes sense and I don't feel so bad for eating two slices of meatloaf at lunch! :-)

I have no idea what the bread craving is about, but I'm enjoying it while I have it! I do love my breads!

I read today that for someone of a healthy weight, such as I am, I should plan on gaining roughly 35 - 55 lbs during the next 7 months. Wow! That's a lot of weight! It should be interesting to see that on me! Bring it! This will be quite the challenge to put on for the babies and then take it off again after babies are born.

The final thing I am pretty happy about is naps. My girls have been wonderful and let me take a nap in the afternoon. These little naps help me make it to bedtime. Such a wonderful treat to take a nap!

I do have a lot to be thankful for. The babies are healthy and right on track, B & R are pretty pleased with the news of their babies, I'm feeling really good, and I have a loving and supportive husband and kids who make each day wonderful. 

And sometime in the not-to-distant-future we will have two miracles to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment