Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Little Pudge

Wow, is a twin pregnancy way different than a singleton pregnancy! I've talked about the nausea (I'm officially down at my pre-pregnancy weight, thanks to the morning sickness) but over the weekend I've noticed that I'm officially got the pregnancy pudge. :-)

Granted, I definitely didn't have washboard abs to start with, but I  was not sporting the gut I have right now! Good thing I like maternity pants as they are super soft and stretchy and allow room for this new development. It's nice not being so constricted by my super cute non-maternity embroidered and studded pocket on the tush jeans. (Okay, so I am mourning my jeans just a little bit. I'll get over it.)

Speaking of maternity clothes, let me just wax eloquently for a moment about maternity shirts. Basically, there are a couple of different styles of maternity shirts. 1) The Tent. Anything that has a band, belt, or elastic right under the bust and flares out making whatever size your belly is appear to be full-term. 2) "Share Your Blessings." Also known as a deep v-neck. Seriously, we all know that with pregnancy you get a visit from the boob fairy, but why the stinkin' deep V? There are some things I jut don't want hanging out, pregnant or not. 3) The Quaker. Peter Pan collars, Laura Ashley lace, basically, or anything that looks like something your mom or grandma wore when they were pregnant back in the day. Yes, they still sell and make these. 4) Fashion Forward. Think boutique and big price tags. 5) Comfortable Casual. Extra long t-shirts, baggy items without a lot of buttons, elastic or belts. Shapeless bit of maternity wear staple.

At least most of it is designed for comfort, so that's a plus. I mostly stuck to easy, comfortable, and casual. The occasional V neck would come out, but that's why the cami was invented, at least for me. Cute, but comfortable is what I try to shoot for.

So, here ya go, my first belly shot, both a close up and full length. Not my most photogenic moments, but at least the moment is captured for posterity. Cindy Crawford I am not, but what do you expect when I'm experiencing morning sickness for two! 

 7 weeks prego with R & B's miracles

7 weeks 5 days twin baby bump. That's a whole lotta tiny babies in there!

Grow little miracles, grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment