Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The End is in Sight

The end of the first trimester, that is! At 11 weeks 2 days, I can honestly say that I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks with a lot of anticipation. 

Why anticipation, you may ask? Good question. For starters, the start of the second trimester usually signals the end of some of the less than desirable pregnancy symptoms. Ah, I can picture it now... Waking without nausea, desiring food prior to 3 pm, energy... Yeah, I'm definitely anticipating the end of this trimester!

As noted, I have quite the appetite after 3 pm, but really not able to handle much more than bananas, yogurt, and soup prior to that. Solids are not my thing right now, unless its for dinner. I've noticed that I am enjoying dinner way more than before, for the most part. There are still some foods that I just can't do, no matter what time or how they are prepared. Cream of something soup. Definitely off limits. I'm guessing that one may hang around for the entire pregnancy by the way it hasn't eased up yet.

With the second trimester will come more growth for the babies which will mean more back pain. Yes, I've got a bit of back pain. After my work day and my attempts at dinner or laundry my back has had it! Think about it: my back was used to my former shape and in the past few weeks I've gained a belly where the babies are growing. My back now has to compensate for the added growth in my front. It makes sense, it you think about it. The more my tummy grows with the babies, the more the strain on the back as it tries to figure things out. 

I've also got a few other things to be thankful for the first trimester coming to an end: this is the commencement of the host of medicines I've been taking! The pills, tablets, shots, and suppositories are almost done! This last week I've been tapering them according to the doctor's orders and I should be done with them in the next few days! Oh, my legs are so excited, as is my stomach and other parts of my body not yet mentioned (use your imagination!).

Anyway, I'm still doing well. The babies are also doing well, as far as I can tell. From what I've heard, B & R are well, as are my little munchkins and hubby. Autumn is definitely here and we are enjoying the fruits Minnesota has to offer this time of year. Life is good!

Excited for little miracles!




No comments:

Post a Comment