Thursday, April 24, 2014

One Month!

Happy first month, Brady and Cohen! The little guys have been out in the world for an entire month. How did that happen? One whole month! Wow!

Brady is on the left, Cohen on the right.

The little guys are doing well. They are both up to 5 1/2 lbs. Way to grow, little men!

They both are still perfecting the whole suck, swallow, breathe thing and are doing well with it. In fact, it looks like they are getting closer to discharge from the hospital! Woo hoo!

To switch gears, the pumping is going well for me. I'm sticking with the more relaxed schedule of pumping when my body tells me to rather than when the clock tells me to. I've been producing right around 2 oz per hour with each pumping session. 

Milk produced yesterday and today. I've got a LOT more frozen in the deep freezer!

My body is still trying to get used to exclusively pumping, which, I've discovered, is much different than breast feeding. To be quite honest, exclusive pumping is more painful than breast feeding. By week 2 with breast feeding with the girls I was basically pain free. I'm still dealing with quite a bit of tenderness with the pumping. It will go away eventually, so I'm not too concerned about it.

There was one more thing that happened today. I talked with my director and have given her a tentative return date of May 12th. She knows this date is contingent on my doctor clearing me to work and Brad, Rodney, Brady, and Cohen's return to their home. I did laugh as I walked through the center and talked with my coworkers. Every one of them asked me if I was going to return. Once I reassured them I was going to return they gave me a hug and asked me when I'm coming back. I think I've been missed. :-)

I told my director the current restrictions I have (the 10 lb weight limit) and the probable restrictions I will have after six weeks (20 lb weight limit). She is willing to work with me on the limits and is figuring out which class I will have upon my return. 

Hmm, who would have thought April 24th would have so much going on! Happy 1st month, little men! I'm expecting wonderful things next month from these little miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment