Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

Yesterday Natalie and I visited Brady and Cohen in the hospital. My, how they've grown! It's wonderful to see the boys looking so good!



Brady is weighing in at 5 lbs 3 oz and Cohen is weighing 5 lbs 2 oz. They both have had their feedings increased by 5mL and are up to 42 mL. Sometimes they take a bottle, other times they are tube fed. They are learning to eat and coordinate the whole "suck, swallow, breathe" thing. It's a lot of work for these little guys to figure this eating thing out! 

With today being Easter, of course I had to get them an Easter Basket! Easter is my favorite holiday for so many reasons. Obviously, there is the sacred reason: the resurrection of Jesus. Next is the fact that Easter represents spring and brings new life and colors! After a long winter here in Minnesota the colors and promises of beautiful days to come is enough to make me so happy!

Happy Easter, Cohen!

Happy Easter, Brady!

Back to the boys' Easter basket. Ever since I was put on bed rest I have been trying to figure out something to make for the boys. I finally figured out what to make: neck ties! 


Every little guy needs a neck tie, right? And Easter is a perfect occasion for little boys in a tie (too much? Nah! This is the woman who put a bazillion seed beads on her daughters' dresses for Easter.)

Along with the ties, we found a few books and some toys to add to the basket. Annalies enjoyed picking out the books and a few of the toys. She was really proud to help with the babies' basket!

Me being me, I found a small Kermit and Fozzie to add and just had to stick them in for the boys as well. (I love Muppets! Hopefully the boys will, too, if I have anything to say about it!) They also made excellent tie models.


Today will be a busy day for us. We host Easter lunch with some of Shawn's family and we invited Rodney and Brad over for the afternoon and dinner. It should be a fun day with church and a pancake breakfast, an Easter egg hunt for the kids when we return home, and the day filled with our guests.

This Easter, I'm thankful for the new lives of Brady and Cohen that are here to celebrate with us. It is my prayer that they always know what special little miracles they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment