Sunday, November 17, 2013

Low-Key is Good For Me

I'm trying not to complain but today all of the nausea and lightheaded symptoms decided to rear their ugly heads. To be honest, these past few weeks have been exceptionally tough. There have been a few days throughout that have been absolutely horrible to get through. 

Yesterday was one of those days that I just plowed through because that's what you do when you have a family and responsibilities. The nausea started before I opened my eyes and didn't stop until I was back in my bed for the night.

Today, thankfully, the nausea is moderate (thanks to the Zofran working!), but the light headedness is crazy! Most of my day has been spent laying down to help the syncope not to become a bigger problem. Because of this I'm trying to take care of my kiddos in short increments, mostly from a couch, chair, or floor. So far, it's working. :-)

I do know this "fun" symptom is just due to hormones and increased blood flow that doesn't always get to when I need it to go. I've been told that this should start getting better over the next couple of weeks as my body figures out how blood should flow and to where.

As for the nausea, well, I'm praying for relief to come sooner rather than later. I would be perfectly happy to go without that one. The Zofran often helps with the crazy symptoms and I'm thankful when it works.

All in all, life is busy, despite whatever symptoms I may be experiencing physically. That's how life is when you have a family and kids and a job. That's life!

Before I take this week's belly picture, here's my disclaimer: I've been so nauseous this week that food hasn't been my friend. I'm eating what I can, when I can, but I've lost a bit of weight this week (about 2ish pounds). Because of the weight loss and the very small amounts of food I am eating the babies' bump isn't as pronounced right now. I can definitely tell the difference in my waistline, but didn't want anyone to think something is wrong with the babies with the bump seemingly less pronounced. 

According to my sources, the babies are about 3 inches each and about 1.5oz a piece. They will continue to grow every day and we will see definite growth in the coming weeks. Maybe this weight loss will help everyone see the babies growth even more in the coming weeks!

I'm resting with small miracles.

13 weeks 5 days


***Funny little thing I've noticed: even though my weight has gone down, my bust has increased. Ah, yes. The visit from the pregnancy boob fairy has occurred. Ah, the craziness of pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment