Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Celebrating!

Woo hoo! I'm celebrating! Today marks the first day of the second trimester of this pregnancy. 

I can hardly believe we are a third of the way through. Honestly, I kind of think we are more than a third of the way. I have a feeling the babies aren't going to wait until their due date to make their appearance. Nothing too early, but definitely not May 20th. 

Anyway, I'm glad today starts a new trimester. If my past pregnancies are any indication, I should be getting some (not all) of my energy back soon. As I didn't have morning sickness anywhere near what I'm currently experiencing, I have no idea when to look for the nausea to be gone. My OB suggests that I should be feeling better somewhere around the 16th week. Here's hoping...

One other notable thing about the start of the second trimester is that the risk of miscarriage decreases significantly. Schwoo, one less concern to have in the back of my head! It's not been a big worry, but it is something to consider with any pregnancy.

In case you are wondering, the babies are about 3 inches in length (crown to rump) and 1.5 ounces each. How cool is that! 6 inches of small people getting bigger every day!

Little miracles are so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment