Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Meds, Math, and a Bit of Confusion

Warning! Possible TMI! Nothing too bad, just stuff you probably didn't want to know about me. Too bad! This surrogacy thing is a whole lot about me you didn't know!

Yesterday, I posted that I received my medication protocol. The email stated something like "Since you will get your period tomorrow or the next day..." Being curious because I had already tried to figure out when I would start medications, the transfer would take place, etc, I grabbed my pack of birth control pills that I had been taking to regulate my cycle. Hmm, it looks like I still have three more active pills left then I start the inactive pills. I usually cycle the second day of inactives...

My math was telling me that this means that my day one of the next period would be on Sunday, not Wednesday or Thursday. When we are talking about egg retrieval and transferring, a couple of days like this matters a lot.

I emailed my PC last night and told her what I was seeing with the BCP and asked what they advised. And then I waited...

Finally, at 10:45 this morning, I received an email letting me know that I need to discontinue the BCP and let them know when I finally get a period.

Got it. I'm guessing someone miscounted last month or forgot how many pills are in this brand's pack. Either way, today is my first day without any kind of medication (except for allergy meds, of course) and holy cramps, batman! But, I'm guessing that I will start the injections tomorrow or Friday. Let the good times roll!

Preparation for a miracle...

No comments:

Post a Comment