Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Where are the Babies?

I have some adorable little people in my life. My little daughter, Annalies, is two years old. She is the funniest toddler I know! Some of the stuff she comes up with is so stinkin' hilarious and has us just rolling with laughter. Today was one of those days. 

After work, Annalies and I were cuddling and just chatting. I could tell she was a little annoyed with my rounded belly, but she figured out a way to snuggle up with me after a while. All of a sudden, she sits up and starts rubbing my tummy. I asked what she was doing and she said "rubbing mommy and the babies." 

Annalies then started "counting" the babies. According to her, there are "three-four" babies. (I didn't think I was that big yet!) She could have cared less when I was correcting her that there are only two. She is just insistent that there are "three-four" babies. 

The next thing I knew, she was lifting up the hem of my shirt and peaking at my belly. When asked what she was doing, she responded "I wanna see the babies! Uh oh! They are hiding still! No babies there. *sigh*"

She's two. I've got fourish months to get it through to her that there are only two babies and they are staying inside of me until the doctor helps them out. Then she'll get to see them. She knows that they are not coming home to stay with us but will be staying with B & R. She's good with that fact (I think she's glad that she's not going to have to share mommy and daddy with two babies.)

Between my sweetie daughter this afternoon and being able to snuggle with one of my new little ones at work today, its been a fun baby day!

Having fun with small miracles!



No comments:

Post a Comment