Sunday, December 15, 2013

Bumps in the Way

Well, hello there, bump! I know I've had a bit of a baby bump for awhile, but wow! That's quite the rotund tummy I'm sporting! 
17 weeks 5 days

Not even kidding a little, I'm totally in the "smuggling a basketball" zone now. :-). I know I have a lot more growing to do as the babies develop and grow themselves, but it's kind of nice to actually look pregnant and not just chunky. Chunky means this lady needs to work on diet and exercise. Pregnant means happy time waiting on little miracles. I'm okay with looking pregnant while I'm pregnant. Definite difference. 

The babies are moving a lot, which is awesome! I think that left baby is still the more active, where right baby is definitely more opinionated. Left baby moves so much and so often-this child has things to do and places to go! Very busy little person. Right baby takes its time and just flutters mostly, unless this baby needs to get my attention. I'm guessing this baby will be the more laid back of the two. :-) B & R will have to tell me if I'm right about them as they are growing.

An update on the whole progesterone meds vs Shawnee's insurance carrier: basically, I'm in a holding pattern right now. Last week I signed up for their (insurance company) "Healthy Pregnancy" program. Basically, it gives me access to a nurse through my insurance to help me make healthy pregnancy choices and offer any support they can. 

During one of the phone calls with my nurse, I told her about this hang up with the progesterone. She asked a couple of questions and agreed that my policy should be covering this medication. She offered to do some behind the scenes work on the insurance end of things. 

On Friday, I received a message from her that said the medicine should be covered but wasn't going through, so she talked with someone to find out what needs to happen to get it through. I'm supposed to wait until tomorrow, Monday, and go get the prescription to see if it's been covered. If not, well, she told me what the pharmacist needs to do to get it covered. (A lot of specific drug info needs to be sent back to the insurance people.)

So, I should have the meds and hopefully, an update tomorrow. Here's hoping for good news! 

Excitedly epecting little miracles. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment