Sunday, August 25, 2013

Put On Alert!

Yesterday I received an email from the Clinic. It let me know that the egg donor's eggs will be retrieved on Tuesday. This means I will be leaving on Thursday for a transfer either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. 

Why the multiple days for a possible transfer, you may ask. The Clinic watches the embryo(s) very carefully. Depending on how they develop determines if the transfer will take place on day 3, 4, or 5. (3 and 5 days are pretty much standard.) We won't know which day the transfer will take place until after the embryos are developing and are being monitored.

I'm so thankful that all of this is happening this week. Next week, 11 days from now to be exact, my "baby" is off to kindergarten. I was feeling a bit concerned that I wasn't going to be here for her first day of school. Now, I no longer have those concerns as I will most definitely be here for her big day!

Back to the whole embryo thing. Since I've been put on notice that things are happening in the next week, I've also been given additional medicines to take. I will be starting progesterone, doxycycline, and prednisone on Monday as well. Wow, that's a lot of meds, especially when these three (four, actually. Progesterone will be both in the form of a shot and a vaginal suppository) are added to my current five pills. At least I get to stop taking the Lupron this after today's dose. Exchanging one shot for another, I guess. 

My IP's are traveling today to Connecticut for all of the medical stuff. They said they will be there through my stay, so that's a comforting thing. I'm glad I get to meet them before helping them start their family. (I find it helpful to know the others involved when starting a family, don't you?) 

Oops, time to wrap this up. I'm getting a little silly/sarcastic with the excitement building! I'm so excited to meet a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment