Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Almost Time

So many things have happened in the last couple days... I will try to recount them.

-Monday night I had my first IM PIO. It wasn't fun and I had to talk myself into it (see previous post.)
-Tuesday morning I had my second shot. It also wasn't fun, but it was easier to talk myself into than the first one. I also started taking several more meds on Tuesday.
-Tuesday afternoon I received a call from PC informing me that B & R offered to pay for all of Shawn's travel expenses for the trip this weekend. Holy cow and woo hoo! What an amazing blessing my IP's are! Super sweet people that I am blessed to be working with.
-Wednesday morning. Another shot. Have I mentioned that I'm one of those people who bruise easily? Well, I am. Sticking a one inch, 22 gauge needle filled with 1mL of a really thick liquid doesn't help things, either. (See picture of thigh). 
-Wednesday night. I'm trying to pack, make dinner, email with B & R, clean the house, make sure everything is lined up for the people shuttling my kiddos around while we are gone, etc. You know, the basic mom stuff.

I think that's about it. I'm still not packed, but I have several dresses on my bed ready for packing. I have a load of laundry in the wash and another in the dryer. I have a ton of butterflies in my stomach from nerves, excitement, etc. I've tucked the kids into bed, made tentative arrangements for the dog, and started a list of things I need the sitters to do while we are away (dance registration, drop off a kid, etc.)

My excitement keeps building with every preparation and accomplishment. I can't wait to meet B & R tomorrow. There is so much I want to know about these wonderful people who are letting me be a part of their miracle.
My bruised thigh from this morning's shot. Gross, I know. It looks worse than it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment