Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Monitoring appointment #2

At 7am I arrived at the U of M for my monitoring appointment. After my blood was drawn I was then given an ultrasound. The tech told me that my endometrial lining was at a 6.5mm. Bummer.

Most doctors want it greater than 7 or 8mm... I guess I just have to wait for the clinic to tell me what to do next.

Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long. I received a call from the clinic an hour later. The nurse said that my blood work looks good, but the doctor wasn't really happy with such a low endometrial lining thickness (thinness?). Because of this, he is now increasing my estrogen by a LOT (at least I think it's a lot). Instead of 4mg twice a day, I am now to add to that 4 mg vaginally every night. So, that's 12mg of estrogen a day. 
My new daily doses of pills... For now!

The current dose of estrogen has made me very affectionate (need lots of hugs and snuggles from my hubby and kids) and just a tad weepy (sappy commercials or books make me cry!). I'm curious to see how the added estrogen will effect me! 

The good news is that the doctor said I do not need another monitoring appointment, we will just go with whatever and however my body chooses to respond to the added estrogen. Good thing, since we are about two weeks away from a transfer and meeting R & B's little miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment