Friday, August 30, 2013

Getting to Know You

What an amazing day today has been. Shawn and I spent the day with B & R, exploring new places and getting to know them more.

We decided to go in to New York City for the day. B had never been and its been quite a while since R has been there. We drove to a near by station and hopped on a train to the city. 90ish minutes later we were at Grand Central Station.

We decided to shop first so off to Canal Street to find some fun bargains. B & R humored me and encouraged me to find the perfect handbag. (I found a cute one!) Then, we checked out Century 21, a large discount department store by the World Trade Center. Next, it was to Times Square for the obligatory tourist thing and to pick up theater tickets. B & R bought tickets to see Newsies, a musical I have been wanting to see for a while. It was amazing and I loved every minute of it!

Now, we are back on the train heading for the hotel so we can rest up for whatever adventures tomorrow holds! 

As for the embryo transfer, we received an email today stating that the transfer will take place on Sunday at 10:30. We are all pretty excited to have a date and a time to look forward to! 

It's been so wonderful to spend time with B & R. As more time passes that I am able to spend with them the more excited and grateful that I get to be the one to help them welcome a precious miracle.


No comments:

Post a Comment