Sunday, February 3, 2013

Surrogate Humor

I just experienced my first bit of surrogate humor. I knew this situation could make for interesting situations and hopefully some funny moments. Let me share...

My family and I are at a Super Bowl party (I'm here for the friends, food, and commercials! I'm not a big football fan). I had posted on the evite that I was going to bring buffalo chicken dip "or whatever I can stomach at the time." One of our friends we haven't seen in a while saw the post yesterday and asked his wife if I was pregnant. Wife didn't know.

After we were at the party a while wife and I were chatting and she asked if I was expecting and I said "maybe" and explained about the surrogacy.

A little while later I saw Shawn chatting with husband and I let Shawn know that husband had been asking if I was pregnant. I asked Shawn if he's let husband in on our news. Shawn then looks at husband and says "Shawnee may be pregnant!" Husband puts his hand out and says congratulations! Shawn doesn't shake his hand and then says "it's not mine." Husband pulls his hand back and looks at me. Shawn quickly says "it's not hers either." Hilarity ensues!

All of our friend who are in the know start laughing and seeing how far Shawn will take this. Shawn then said "last weekend Shawnee and I went to Toronto and I watched her get pregnant. Oh, and did I mention that the baby is a Latin baby?"

Husband had a very funny, very confused look on his face. Shawn finally let him in on our situation and we all enjoyed a good laugh!

A laugh with a miracle is a great thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment