Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spending Time with Cohen

This morning I visited the hospital for a couple of hours. I had asked Rodney if he minded if I visited Cohen before they arrived for their morning visit. (I'm usually a morning person and they are still trying to work on the schedule of a newborn.)

When I arrived, Cohen was just starting to move around a bit, so I took the opportunity to hold him while he was waking up.

After a little while he was getting fussy, so  the nurse brought in some milk for him. To my surprise, she handed me the bottle and encouraged me to feed him.

Before I sound all wimpy and stuff, yes, I have given a bottle to many babies. However, Brady and Cohen require pacing with their feedings and I haven't given them a bottle yet. Brad told me a few days ago that Cohen was doing a fabulous job with his feedings, so that helped take some of the pressure off. Also, with just the two of us and the nurse, I was able to concentrate more on Cohen and how he was taking the bottle.

I'm glad to say that Cohen did really well and finished his bottle for me in less than 20 minutes. After he finished his bottle, I got some more snuggles in before I had to leave. 

It was so nice to spend some time with small miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment