Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Monitoring appointment #1

This morning I had my first monitoring appointment. They ran labs to get baselines for the estrogen and progesterone before I start those. I also had an ultrasound to check my endometrial lining and ovaries to make sure the Lupron was doing its job. Thankfully, they can tell you the ultrasound results right away, and mine looked good. 8.3, which is right where they want my lining to be.
Ultrasound machine in exam room.

A couple of hours later I received an email stating that my labs were perfect, too, so I can begin phase 2 of the medication protocol. I began the estrogen and aspirin and lowered my Lupron dosage. 

I can't believe we have come this far! It's a bit surreal for me. After all of the waiting and paperwork and what-have-you, to be in the thick of meds with the transfer less than a month away is a bit difficult to wrap my head around. But so cool, too!

One strange thing I have noticed this time around is that I'm thirsty like last time, but I haven't hit the "desert dry parched" place like last time. I'm not complaining, just something I've noticed. Maybe it wasn't the Lupron that did it to me after all. Water is good for a body so that is definitely not a side effect to complain about. 
My daily pills, so far. Will add more soon.

I'm also contemplating other changes in my life (good time, right? While I'm taking synthetic hormones and staring a major life changing event in the face!). Don't worry, I'm making these changes with the full knowledge, cooperation, and blessing of Shawn. I'm not doing crazy things, just changes that probably were due to happen anyway. And in the mean time, I'm getting excited for a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment