Tuesday, June 24, 2014

What's In A Name?

"Pumping" "Expressing" "Collecting Milk" All of these are proper terms for using a breast pump. 

"Doin' what you need to do" is how my coworkers phrase it. (Or they just avoid the topic all together.)

"Go pump," "spend some quality time with a machine," "take a 20 minute break" are all phrases I've used at work. 

My daughters, however, are a different story. Annalies is pretty blunt with her "do you hurt, mommy? You need to pump?" Natalie has no filter and will ask anywhere  "is it time for you to pump the milk out?"

My friends are so all over the place! "Squeeze titties/boobies" or "drain the girls" are the current favorites.

So, what I've decided is that I need to name my pump. I'm currently pumping 6-7 times a day for anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes. Averaging things out, that's about three hours a day I'm hooked up to this machine. The silly thing deserves a name.

The machine itself is black with butter yellow machine parts. It's boring looking, makes a rhythmic "hee-oo hee-oo" sound, and has a couple of silver zippers.

Once the machine has a name, then I can "go spend some time with (insert name here)," or "visit/talk with (insert name here.)" Maybe naming it would make life easier/less taboo for my coworkers, too. 

But, what to name it? Hmm... I happen to think Sean Connery and George Clooney are very good looking men. However, I can't call my machine either of those names. I'm married to Shawn and that could just get weird. As for George, is that even an option? Other that Mr Clooney, oh, and the ever popular Mr George Lucas (of whom my husband happens to bear resemblance) I don't really associate George with a heartthrob kind of name. (No offense to any reader named George... I am sure there are some good looking men out there named George. I just don't know them.) That being said, I'm taking suggestions for names!

Speaking of names, it was three months ago that we were introduced to two little guys named Brady and Cohen! Happy three months, little guys! Can you believe it's been three months already? Just another part of miracles! 




No comments:

Post a Comment