Friday, November 30, 2012

Blood and Bodily Fluids

Alrighty then... I am one step closer toward baby!

Today, my hubby and I went to a random lab to have tests done. (Random to us, specific to Agency.)

What kind of tests?

The tests were to check for infectious diseases.

Infectious diseases? Really? Shouldn't the Hubs and I have already come clean about any known diseases way before today?

Well, yes, and yes, we did already talk about our health, but of course we need to take every precaution for both our safety and that of the baby. I did work in health care for a number of years... And prayed every day for my safety.

That being said, we willingly went to the lab and had lots of blood and other bodily fluids taken from us. They were really great at the lab and got us through quickly. Well, as quickly as one can when taking 7 vials of blood (only 4 for Shawn) and a urine sample! (TMI? I haven't even started yet! Wait until we get to the good stuff in a month or so!)

We/Agency should get the tests results back in a week and we will continue on this journey toward our miracles!


No comments:

Post a Comment