Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Waiting Game...

I am a pretty patient person usually. I don't mind waiting unless I am inconveniencing someone else (i.e. the doctor's office is running late for my appointment while I am there on my lunch break so someone else has to cover for me during my extended absence.) Honestly, I don't mind waiting my turn.

However, I have lately found myself a bit anxious with all of this waiting! I was waiting to find the perfect set of IP's profiles to be sent to me. Check! I was waiting for the first phone call so we could see if we wanted to work together on creating a family for them. Check! I was waiting to hear if they chose me after the call and they had my info. Check! And now... I wait.

I think I would be better if there was a surrogacy check list. Mine would go like this:
- Fill out endless paperwork and submit to agency
- Get clearance from agency and MD
- Read over potential IP's profile and decide if you would like to get to know them better.
-Have a lengthy phone call with agency and IP's talking about personal matters, beliefs, etc.
-Decide if you want to work with this couple and email response to agency.
-Hear back from agency that IP's want to work with you.
-Wait for IP's to get the contract okay'd.
-(Meanwhile) Start a new BCP
- Have psychological evaluation
- ... that's all I've got so far. I'm waiting for the contract to be sent to me for my review, waiting to start meds, waiting for I don't know what. I'm waiting for our miracles to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment