Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Wonderful Meeting


Yesterday, my family and I met A & M for lunch.  A & M asked for the meeting and I happily obliged. I have to admit that I was pretty nervous. After all, we had only read each other's profiles, looked at a few pictures of us with our families, and had one one hour phone call prior to this. What if they didn't like me? What if they decided to keep looking for surrogates? What if I wasn't what they had expected? What if...? Anyway, before I got too carried away with my what if's, I decided to try to relax and see what happens. Worrying wouldn't make the questions go away, right?

We pulled up to the restaurant (which was busier than I had guessed it would be) and, deep breaths, went inside to meet A & M.

They were there already and, long story short, they are wonderful. Everything I had hoped and prayed for my IPs (Intended Parents) to be. We had a nice lunch in the busy restaurant, they loved my kids (even brought them teddy bears!), and I feel more confident that I am doing the right thing by being their surrogate. I am so glad that I get to help them create the family they so desperately want but are unable to have. Let the miracles begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment